About St. Mary’s Parish Church Choir
To view the current music list, please click on the link Horsham Parish Church of St – June – July 18 MUSIC LIST
The choir is an integral and leading part of the worship at the beautiful Parish Church of St.Mary’s.
We are a mixed choir – males and females of literally all ages. The younger members are known as “choristers” and are rewarded with choir pay for their efforts!
St. Mary’s Choir Activities include:
- singing at regular main services on Sundays;
- singing at major seasonal services – e.g. Christmas Carol Services;
- singing at weddings, concerts, recordings and other special occasions;
- visits to other places to sing – most recently Norwich, Hereford, Gloucester, Guildford and Exeter Cathedrals;
- social events (e.g. ten pin bowling, skittles, meals and other outings).
Would You Like to Join the Choir?
- do you enjoy singing?
- are you interested in learning about music?
- do you enjoy working with others and are you a good team player?
- are you looking for inspiration (for yourself and others)?
Please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) as we are always delighted to welcome new singers of all abilities.
What Are the Rewards of Choir Membership?
to help lead the praise and worship at the historic and beautiful St. Mary’s;
- the opportunity to sing a variety of great music (old and new) in a wonderful setting;
- excellent musical training and development including RSCM courses and awards;
- be part of a friendly group with shared interests and a shared belief;
- for choristers – choir pay and additional bonuses from weddings etc.
– for more details please see the Church Choir Brochure
Rehearsal and Service Schedule
Regular Choir Practices:
- Choristers: Wednesdays 6.30 p.m. – 8.15 p.m.
- Full Choir: Wednesdays 7.30 p.m. – 9.00 p.m.
Parish Eucharist (weekly) – 9.00 a.m. rehearsal for 9.30 a.m. service
- 2nd Sunday of most months – Cathedral style Choral Evensong:
- Apr- Sep 5.00 p.m. rehearsal followed by tea and refreshments before the service at 6.30pm
- Oct – Mar 3.30 p.m. rehearsal followed by tea and refreshments before the service at 5.00pm
- 4th Sunday of each month
- Apr – Sep 6.00 p.m. rehearsal for 6.30pm service
- Oct – Mar 4.30 p.m. rehearsal for 5.00pm service
Choir holidays follow school holidays and half-terms as far as possible (apart from the festivities of Christmas and Easter).
For more information please contact Jeremy Weaver: 07557 518826.