Horsham Parish Youth Community Outreach Opportunity:
Do you have a real heart to reach out to the Young People in our Community and Support and help them?
Do you have experience in working with, and an understanding of, the issues that affect young people.
Are you approachable, reliable and a team player with a ‘must have’ sense of humour?
If you can say yes…….
The Horsham Support Team, headed up by Judi Cox, Helen Sare and Angie Choat, are looking for people:
- To work alongside the young people in their ‘space’ (Schools or Park/Town centre.)
- To provide support, advice and ‘signposting’ towards other support services available for young people that are seeking help
- To help the young people feel safe(r)
- To promote socially acceptable behaviour, and be a link to local services when required
The ‘YST’ team is a Multi-agency partnership between Horsham District Council, Horsham Parish, Horsham Matters, and the Youth Service.
Each agency brings their own strengths to the team, and we all work together. We believe this is one of the teams’ biggest strengths!
There are two main opportunities to join our Horsham Youth Support Team:
1) In Tanbridge House School on Wednesday or Friday lunch times during term times. (1.15-2.15 pm)
2) Park/Town Summer Project, which runs from ~ May to September on Friday Nights. 6.45 to 9.15 pm.
If you would like to know more, or to arrange to have an informal chat,
Horsham ‘YST’ Team Leader.