Horsham PCC Safeguarding Policy
St. Mary’s Church, Horsham
Our policy commitments are:
- Promoting a Safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Horsham PCC agreed and adopted the Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy at its meeting on 28th February 2019. A full copy of the Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults “Promoting a Safer Church” can be found here.
If you have a Safeguarding concern, please contact one of the team below.
If there is an immediate threat to someone’s safety, call the Police.
Our Safeguarding Team
We have appointed Alex Fletcher as our St. Mary’s Church Safeguarding Officer and Linda Goodwin as the Horsham Parish Safeguarding Officer.
Our St. Mary’s Church Safeguarding Officer is the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult with vulnerability.
If you would prefer to speak with someone outside the church:
Chichester Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor
The Church of England’s independent Past Cases Review (PCR2) will be completing their work this summer but its not too late to report. PCR2_Making_Churches_Safer